Thursday, March 19, 2009

Diagnosis= Funny, with the Adson's Test. (Something to lighten the spirits.)

A while ago I was researching the various tell-tale tests that show vascular impingement related to TOS and other RSIs. I came across an Arabic site first for some reason in my Google image search for the Adson's test and I went ahead and fed the text into an online translator and I about fell out laughing at number 2.
Are you ready??

This examination of the most important months of tests and chest syndrome exit at all.
1. Processor sets the pulse in the wrist and keep his hand in the same place, and then asked the patient to wear head to the same point of a member which is conducting the examination.
2. After that request from the patient that is the head of the wizard behind his shoulder while taking in a roundabout lateral or brutal (Lateral Rotation).
3. Processor requests from the patient to take a long breath and keeps it.
Be testing positive: When the pulse disappears entirely, this clearly noted in this examination.

Overall, I can see the gist of what they are explaining. But I don't know what I'd do if my Doctor or Processor ever asked me to make the wizard head position :P

Once again I want to say that Adson's and Tinel's tests are unfakeable because, if done correctly and you really have an impingement , you will lose your pulse. I think a good examination will conduct these tests. However I am super surprised that the Disability Determination Exams I have gone to for Medi-Cal and also for Social Security Disability did not include these tests.
And any good examiner will do them. However they can still be botched if the examiner doesn't know how to find the pulse.

p.s. do check out the link for the Arabic site because the images of the specific tests are the best I've run across. Even Wikipedia doesn't have pictures for the tests!

1 comment:

2B4U said...

Sometimes those translators don't work very well. I think you stumbled across that instance. Thanks for posting our article. For more information on RSI articles and photos you can visit our Learning Center at IGMproducts.com