My MRI of the cervical spine reveals disc bulges at:
| C4-5 (1-2mm no significant central spinal stenosis), |
C5-6 (2-3mm left paracentral disk bulge & mild facet hypertrophy causing mild foraminal narrowing on the left, &
C6-7 (3-4mm right paracentral disk protrusion, which indented the thecal sac.)
There was mild uncovertebral & facet hypertrophy. Findings cause moderate lateral recess stenosis & narrowing bilaterally and a moderate to severe central spine stenosis.
Options for care- Cervical epidural steroid injections
Questions I have to find answers to:
- Can disc degeneration be reversed or just slowed down?
- What does an cervical epidural steroid shot do?
- How much does that hurt???!
- Can an MRI definately prove that this was a pre-existing condition rather than a secondary injury of Thoracic Outlet?
- And for extra credit: What the heck does the above diagnosis say in layman's terms