Tuesday, October 28, 2008

MRI follow-up

In my previous post I wrote:
In the days since my MRI I have talked to several TOS sufferers and they have all told me unless I was making a football goal with my arms in the imaging process, the compression would not show.


I just found out I wasn't being imaged to rule out TOS, they were looking for abnormalities other than compression in the thoracic outlet. And I would have had to been injected with dye and in a tube MRI machine for that kind of imaging.
My doctor said the film was poor to average image quality and that the place I went to was known for it. What was found in the film I had was disc bulges @ C4-5 (1-2mm) & C5-6, C6-7 levels (both 2-3mm). My doctor and I talked about neck traction as a solution as surgery does not seem to be needed.
Also- I have no idea what the WC Doc will interpret this as My treating doctor did say that because the MRI was done so late in the game it would be impossible to say if this was a precursor to the injury just as much as it would be a secondary injury. So quite possibly it won't help or hurt my case.

No comments: